Signed in as:
1. Ohio River Trail in Cincinnati, where you can touch rear wheels the Ohio River and thus begin an epic trail adventure.
2. After a couple miles on streets we enter the Lunken Airport Bike Path followed by
3. Little Miami Scenic Trail North from here. This Hall of Fame rail-trail extending more than 50 miles to scenic bike friendly Xenia from just outside Cincinnati.
4. Prairie Grass Trail This paved, 29-mile route crosses classic Ohio farm country with quaint small towns sprinkled all the way to Xenia in Greene County. Xenia Station is one end of this trail and the nexus of three other major regional trails, a beautiful bikeable place to visit. Restaurants, drugstores and other amenities are nearby. Go in the Xenia Station to learn more and to find restrooms.
5. Roberts Pass Trail Beautiful farmland and wetlands through the county seat of London,
7. Downtown Connector Trail, from the city center of state capital Columbus. The Scioto River winds right through downtown,
8. Scioto Greenway Trail hugs its banks, crossing the waterway via an amazing bridge to get into the Hilltop neighborhood.
10. Westerville B&W—and as you pedal through town, and leave Franklin County
11. Genoa Trail, just on the other side of the roadway. This 4-mile paved path weaves through many landscapes, including some wonderful residential neighborhoods
12. Hoover Scenic Trail, a beautiful short paved path with great views of the Hoover Reservoir.
13. Galena Brick Trail, a mile-long pathway named after the town’s historical Galena Shale Tile and Brick Company dating back to the 1890s.
15. Downtown Connector Trail, which runs through the heart of Mount Vernon,
16. Kokosing Gap Trail, which takes you through the Knox County seat of Mount Vernon.
17. Mohican Valley Trail includes the bridge and some breathtaking vistas before its end in Danville.
18. Holmes County Trail, notable for its adjacent Amish buggy path, which creates a unique shared-corridor experience for everyone. Holmes County boasts one of the largest communities of Amish in North America.
19. Sippo Valley Trail in Massillon.
20. Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath Trail. You will find the Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath Trail is an amazing trail journey going to the most scenic Cuyahoga Valley National Park on our FunBikeTrip to the bikeable cities of Akron and Cleveland. Pictures and write up on this 5 star trail at Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath Trail | Ohio Trails | TrailLink Trail surface: Asphalt, Boardwalk, Crushed Stone.
The Ohio to Erie Trail is a part of the Great American Rail-Trail, a nearly 4,000 mile developing trail that will connect the country from Washington, D.C., to Washington state. Gateway trails represent those iconic trails that make possible the Great American Rail-Trail in each of the states it connects. Learn more at www.greatamericanrailtrail.org